Friday, August 16, 2013

29 Week Pregnancy Update!

Week 29, man the weeks sure are flying by now. I forgot to post my updates these past couple of weeks due to some family drama (that’s something I may blog and vent about later) and how busy I have been with both work and at home.  I’m in desperate need of a vacation!  Next weekend cannot come soon enough.

I'm now in my third trimester which means the countdown is on now.  She is now the size of butternut squash, weighing about 2 ½ pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.
As of a couple of weeks ago, her lungs are already capable of breathing air and her vascular system can now handle oxygen/carbon exchange and her brain stem can now regulate rhythmic breathing.  She has plenty more time to bake but if she were to be born now (prematurely) chances are she would survive yay!  

I had my glucose test last week.  It wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.  I was hungry from fasting but the drink wasn't that bad and didn't make me feel sick either.  I’m happy to report I passed, however, I already knew I would pass with how healthy I eat and how much I workout.  She also measured my belly, took my blood pressure, weighed me and listened to the baby's heartbeat.  Everything went well.  Now I start seeing my doctor every two weeks as opposed to once a month.  I have another appointment this upcoming Monday.  My doctor also informed me that she generally likes to put women on maternity leave around 35 weeks.  I'm still not sure if I want to start at 35 weeks or somewhere around 38 weeks.  I guess it just depends how I feel as I get closer. Most of my co-workers suggest I take a full month off before her due date because she can come sooner than expected and so that I take the time to relax.  Everyone seems to think because I am so small and active that she will come a few weeks early.  I’ve always heard your first is always late so who knows.  I’ll be taking 12 weeks off after she’s born and my husband will probably take close to a month off after I return to work to have time to bond with her and also to prolong her going to daycare so soon.

We have our 4D ultrasound this Sunday and we are so excited!  We have the whole family going with us so we are really hoping she’s not hiding behind anything and we get to see her clearly.  We had a regular ultrasound last Friday and I had the ultrasound tech confirm that she was in fact still a girl haha!  He also informed me that she’s already positioned head down and her butt it up near my ribs, which now explains all the painful rib and right side kicks I’ve been feeling.  My goodness they hurt!! A lot of times when driving home from work a foot will be sticking out of my right side and it does not feel too good so I place my hand over it until she tucks it back in.  Sitting up straight is also starting to get uncomfortable for my ribs.  If I sit straight up I get kicked or bumped in the ribs forcing me to slouch again.  This is where having a shorter torso sucks!

Aside from the rib kicking this third trimester has started making me tired.  I have the hardest time waking up in the mornings and after dinner I am exhausted.  I really have to push myself to workout right when I get home now or I can easily sit on the couch and not get back up the rest of the night.  I’m still managing 5 days of working out and that’s 5 days of cardio and 4 days of lifting.  On the days I lift I do 25 minutes of cardio after lifting which is usually uphill jogging and walking.  I also do one day of no lifting and 45 minutes of cardio.  I’m starting to notice that I have to workout at night in order to be hungry for dinner.  I get full so fast now and can’t eat nearly as much as I use to without feeling like I can’t breathe.   I skipped my workout on Wednesday and also skipped dinner because I just wasn’t hungry.  My stomach just felt super tight and I felt like everything was pushed up into my lungs and there was just no room for food.  However, working out at night does help me build up an appetite and it does make everything feel a little less compressed.

A few weeks ago my dad took us to Babies “R” Us to buy the mattress for the crib.  We did not expect him to buy her mattress so we were super surprised when he said he wanted to go pick it out and buy it for us.  I told him that we had picked out a mattress that was pretty expensive. It was one of the most expensive ones there but my husband really wanted to make sure she had this specific mattress. Luckily my dad didn’t mind, he wanted us to get exactly what we wanted.  Now we just need to add the bedding.  My mother-in-law bought her bedding and had it ordered online, I can’t wait to complete her crib with it! This little girl is going to be so spoiled between my dad and Josh’s mom.  It’s so neat to see how much joy she has already brought them and she’s not even here yet.

Last week our baby shower invites were completed YAY!  My mother-in-law really wanted to make our sure our invitations were personable and about the both of us since we are having a co-ed shower.  We really wanted to use one of our maternity photos for the invitations but there was just no way possible considering the invitations have to go out this month.  After a lot of going back and forth we finally settled on a beautiful invitation.  They came out perfect! Once they are sent out, I will share the picture we used for them with you guys.  

I purchased a new baby book not too long ago that I've been reading little by little, although I have to admit it is a bit overwhelming.  It’s called What to Expect The First Year.  I haven’t done a whole lot of reading thus far.  I mean I’ve read about what to expect during pregnancy but nothing on how to care for the baby once she’s here.  With less than 3 months to go I guess I better start reading and taking notes. There is so much I don’t know yet!  I have sooooooooooo much to learn! I’m thankful my best friend is a labor and delivery nurse and that’s she’s going to be with me when I go in the delivery room.  She can help answer a lot of my questions and make me feel a bit more at ease.  As for now, I’ll just read…a lot!

With only a few months left I’m starting to get a little bit nervous. I’m not sure what to expect as far as labor goes and that’s the scary part.

How far along: 29 weeks

Weight Gain: 12 lbs as of two weeks ago at my last doctor’s appointment.  I have another this upcoming Monday so we shall see….

Stretch Marks: Still none, hoping I get lucky like my mom and don't get them. My doctor claims its all genetics and that I probably won’t get them.  Hmmm I sure hope so.

Belly Button: Not flat yet but I know the time is coming because it’s getting there!  I want my belly button back whhhaaaa! LOL

Wedding Rings On/Off: - On and yesterday it was really loose.  I must be doing pretty good with staying away from too much sodium because I haven't had any swelling just yet.

Movement: She's found my ribs ahhhh!!!  Her movements have become a bit painful now.  She just loves kicking me in my ribs when I least expect it and it does not feel good. Sometimes I will try and push her out of that same spot she sits in because I swear my insides are bruised from her kicking the same spot over and over again and when I do try and move her she kicks me twice as hard.  I can pretty much guarantee I’ll find her kicking and moving in the same spots daily.  She’s found where she’s most comfortable obviously.

Feeling: Pregnant now haha

Cravings: No cravings really…just fruit.

Symptoms: Tired and nauseous.  I feel like I’m in the first trimester all over again with a heavier stomach!

Missing: The usual, sushi, having a few drinks on a nice summer night and moving around quickly.  I'm also starting to miss my hardcore workouts.  My husband and I are already coming up with a plan to get back into shape after the baby is born.  I'm so thankful I workout from home, it makes me stay even more motivated because I really have no excuses.

Looking forward to: Our 4D ultrasound next weekend, our little getaway to San Diego the following weekend, my work shower and maternity photos...we have a very busy month of fun stuff ahead!

Sleep: Has been good once I knock out.  However, I do have a hard time getting comfortable at night and I wake up to go to the bathroom at least once.  I also switch sides a lot during the middle of the night because my sides hurt from staying in one position all night.  The baby kicks me when I switch
 
 
                                                  27 Weeks Pregnant
 
 
 
 
to the side she's laying on and that keeps me up for a while too.

Here is a picture of the nursery and some updated belly photos from the past few weeks.  I’ve been posting them on Instagram (Stephani_fitlifehappywife) but somehow my Instagram is no longer connected to my fitness page, now it’s connected to my personal Facebook page and I’m not sure how to fix it just yet.

1 comment:

  1. Great update! I'm 29 weeks today : ) We are also having a co-ed shower. The nursery looks great! I am feeling behind because our furniture has not come in yet! It is scheduled to arrive the last week in August so then it will be go-time! You look great! I am happy with how my 3rd trimester workouts have been going so far- although the fatigue is definitely back with a vengeance. I hope to continue the workouts as well because it helps me eat/sleep better (read = more!)

    ReplyDelete